Thursday, August 8, 2013

Straightening it all out..

     So it's been awhile since I have been on here, blogging about hair, products, etc...  You could say I have been busy; three jobs and days off that vary, make it very hard to sit down and publish the way I used to.  My lifestyle has become, against my will, a "push aside the little things till I get a chance to come back to them" kinda deal.  And yes, I have been working very hard to find even the smallest ounce of time to get back to what I love..Writing and sharing my knowledge of Hair to all my clients as well as those who are just interested in learning about hair and how our day to day lifestyles have such an impact on the health and strength of our shiny locks.

     My intention when I started this blog was ambitious at the time..  Write as many articles in a week as possible pertaining to Haircare and how we all differ when it comes to the growth and condition of hair.  Lately, I have been amped up to get back into writing, especially here.  Also, recently I have had numerous clients with hair issues and it has made me take a closer look into what might be causing these issues.

     Any blondes; be they a client, friend, whomever, knows how I feel about bleach.  Even on the healthiest hair, bleach can easily turn shiny locks to damaged tresses. Past my rant of begging almost all my clients, on behalf of their hair integrity, not to use bleach, some beg of it in return, to get the wonderful bright white hue they see so often either on tv or in everyday life.  When this does occur, I do the no brainer.. Don't foil what's already been foiled. If its light enough, LEAVE IT ALONE!
At least leaving the mid-shaft to ends of the hair out allows the only portion of the hair being foiled the new growth.

     Now, I'm sure your wondering why I went into detail on the above..  To sum it up, I see too many clients coming to me asking what I can do to "fix" what has already been done in the past. That, along with breakage anywhere and everywhere.  It now becomes my job to help guide them in the right direction to hair perfection.

     When you think about your normal daily routines, what comes to mind?  Wash hair..blow dry..straighten/curl..etc..  How about what you eat?  Daily vitamins? Stress? Sleep? Age?  Yes, all these things are just a portion of what might be causing your hair integrity to suffer.  Through treatments, both with myself and at home, it will take time but my intent is to help them recoup step by step what may have been lost.

     My love for Hair and everything that surrounds it doesn't start and stop with one visit.  My professional opinion and guidance is with my friends and clients at all times.  As is it with most everyone who knows me.  My blog is always open to those who have questions or just need some hair advice.

And as usual.. Comments more than welcome and much appreciated!

Doei! (Dutch word for Bye!)
Erica



No comments:

Post a Comment